For planned dates for special ad-hoc events ahead, please see the welcome page of this website.
Monthly Pattern of Regular Services
For a PDF copy of the poster below, please click on this link:
Services in our parishes
Beacon Mission Community Services in Lockdown Update (as of 11th Jan 2022)
The Government has recognised the vital role Churches play in the spiritual and mental health of the nation. And with Public Health England linking only 47 Covid cases, in total, to places of worship, church buildings are permitted to continue to be open for private prayer and communal worship.
That said, the churchwardens have thought long and hard about what to do in each parish. Whilst staying under review at the current time we are offering the following
Services via zoom
- During the week we will hold morning prayer on Wednesdays at 9am via zoom
- Please see the poster above for details of our Sunday services.
- During the week we will continue (for the time being) to have our midweek communions on a Tuesday at Ipplepen and Thursday at Denbury at the revised time of 1015am
We will be reviewing arrangements regularly so please look at the church notice sheet , boards, Facebook pages and website for up to date information in this rapidly changing situation.
We have reviewed our Covid precautions to ensure that our buildings and any physical services are COVID secure, especially procedures designed to avoid mingling before and after physical services. Services themselves have been pared right back to a simpler, shorter format.
– In addition to services we are producing weekly written reflections on the Sundays readings via our notice sheet and are using our Facebook pages to offer further thoughts and reflections during the week.
The wearing of face coverings during services in church is required
Let us all show mutual respect.
Morning Prayer during the week on Zoom
- On Wednesdays at at 9am morning prayer is held via zoom.
Andrew and Hillarie have put together a short video giving information and a guide of what to expect during Morning Prayer. Here is a link to view it: Morning Prayer
Services to use at home – anyday
The Exeter Diocese has prepared two simple acts of worship for people to use at home.
These two simple acts of worship, and some selected prayers, have been created for you if you are unable to attend church. Christians across the world say Morning and Evening Worship daily, so you will be taking part in these acts of worship in company with many others! Why not pause for a moment in the morning and evening to spend a few moments with God. Go to: Simple Acts of Worship