Welcome to our website. It contains a wide range of information about our churches and activities, including Weekly Notices, information on upcoming Services and Events, Videos of Services, The Beacon magazine and a host of other topics. Have a look through the menu!
On this page are some current highlights:
Current Weekly Notices
Please see notice sheet tab at the top of the page for earlier/archived notice sheets.
More on ‘Phoebe’
A Zoom meeting with the author, Paula Gooder was held on Monday 14th June. A recording of the meeting can be seen on this link.
St. Andrew’s Youth Choir
Prayer for the Nation
Click on the image below for details of prayers you may wish to use:
In addition to services, our church buildings are open daily for individual prayer and reflection. We provide a SPACE to come and SIMPLY BE when you need to.
St Peter & St Paul’s, Broadhempston 9am to 4pm Daily
St Andrew’s, Ipplepen 9am to 5pm Daily
St John the Baptist, Woodland 9am to 5pm Daily
St Mary the Virgin, Denbury 10am to 5pm Daily
How to Grow?
Grow lay learning courses, from the Diocese of Exeter, are designed to equip God’s people in Devon to serve with joy. They are a series of tailored courses created by Lay Discipleship Project Manager, Jon Curtis, to help people develop in roles they already fulfil, for example leading worship, doing the finances, preaching, administration, pastoral care, children and youth work and more.
They are also a good way of exploring NEW roles. They will be taught online for the time being. Whatever stage you are at on your Christian journey, Grow aims to help you fulfil your God-given calling.
Have and look at the Grow video.
Course dates are:
• Pastoral Care (4 evenings online 15/10, 22/10, 5/11, 12/11)
• Leading Worship (5 evenings online 3/11, 10/11, 17/11, 1/12, 8/12) – requires FiCM or equivalent
• Small Group Leadership (2 evenings online 3/12, 10/12)
• Administration (2 evenings online 19/11, 26/11)
January – March 2021
• Children’s work
• Preaching – requires FiCM or equivalent
April – July 2021
• Pioneering – requires FiCM or equivalent
• Youth work
• Evangelism and Mission – requires FiCM or equivalent
To find out more and sign-up go to: https://exeter.anglican.org/ministry/lay-ministry/lay-learning/
Pray for Lebanon
Please find a link to a short film to aid people’s prayer for Lebanon at this time – thank you Rachel for the song.
We now have Facebook pages for three of our parishes. Please have a look at them and recommend to your contacts:
Update on Safeguarding Training during this time
Following consultation with the National Safeguarding Team (NST), we have been advised of the updated position on Safeguarding Training requirements in light of the current isolation and social distancing advice to tackle the Covid-19 virus. Read the guidance here.
The Beacon Parishes Safeguarding Policy can be found on the following link: Safeguarding Policy 2019
If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone:
- The Beacon Mission Community Safeguarding Representative for each parish is:
- Ipplepen: Sheila Sheldon – 01803 814227
- Denbury: Tessa Amies – 01803 813993
- Broadhempston: Paul Russell – 01803 762928
- Woodland: Jane Usher – 01626 353454
- Our Local Advocate for Children and Adults who may be at risk is Ann Holroyd. Contact number 01803 411373
- The Diocesan Safeguarding Team’s contact details can be obtained on the following link – https://exeter.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/safeguarding-team/
If you are a young person and you feel unhappy about something happening to you, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11