Welcome to our website. It contains a wide range of information about our churches and activities, including Weekly Notices, information on upcoming Services and Events, Videos of Services, The Beacon magazine and a host of other topics. Have a look through the menu!
On this page are some current highlights:
Current Weekly Notices
Holy Saturday – 3rd April
8pm Easter Vigil – St Mary the Virgin, Denbury
For the current issue of The Beacon magazine, click on the image:
St. Andrew’s Youth Choir
Broadhempston Easter Journey
‘Refresh, revisit, reflect’
Click on image for the poster
‘Wilderness’ – Reflections in Lent
Click on image for the poster
Book study during Lent
Prayer for the Nation
Click on the image below for details of prayers you may wish to use:
Beacon Mission Community Services in Lockdown Update (as of 13th Jan 2021)
The Government has recognised the vital role Churches play in the spiritual and mental health of the nation. And with Public Health England linking only 47 Covid cases, in total, to places of worship, church buildings are permitted to continue to be open for private prayer and communal worship.
That said, the churchwardens have thought long and hard about what to do in each parish. Whilst staying under review at the current time we are offering the following
Services via zoom
- Each Sunday we will offer a service via zoom (see notice sheets for details)
- During the week we will hold morning prayer Monday – Thursday at 9am via zoom
- Each Sunday we will have a short said communion service alternating between Denbury and Ipplepen (see notice sheet for details)
- During the week we will continue (for the time being) to have our midweek communions on a Tuesday at Ipplepen and Thursday at Denbury at the revised time of 1015am
We will be reviewing arrangements regularly so please look at the church notice sheet , boards, Facebook pages and website for up to date information in this rapidly changing situation.
We have reviewed our Covid precautions to ensure that our buildings and any physical services are COVID secure, especially procedures designed to avoid mingling before and after physical services. Services themselves have been pared right back to a simpler, shorter format.
– In addition to services we are producing weekly written reflections on the Sundays readings via our notice sheet and are using our Facebook pages to offer further thoughts and reflections during the week.
Three of our church buildings remain open for individual prayer. We provide a SPACE to come and SIMPLY BE when you need to.
Ipplepen 9.00am to 5.00pm Daily
Denbury 10.00am to 5.00pm Daily
Broadhempston 9.00am to 4.00pm Sundays & Wednesdays
The Church of St John the Baptist in Woodland is closed except for services.
How to Grow?
Grow lay learning courses, from the Diocese of Exeter, are designed to equip God’s people in Devon to serve with joy. They are a series of tailored courses created by Lay Discipleship Project Manager, Jon Curtis, to help people develop in roles they already fulfil, for example leading worship, doing the finances, preaching, administration, pastoral care, children and youth work and more.
They are also a good way of exploring NEW roles. They will be taught online for the time being. Whatever stage you are at on your Christian journey, Grow aims to help you fulfil your God-given calling.
Have and look at the Grow video.
Course dates are:
• Pastoral Care (4 evenings online 15/10, 22/10, 5/11, 12/11)
• Leading Worship (5 evenings online 3/11, 10/11, 17/11, 1/12, 8/12) – requires FiCM or equivalent
• Small Group Leadership (2 evenings online 3/12, 10/12)
• Administration (2 evenings online 19/11, 26/11)
January – March 2021
• Children’s work
• Preaching – requires FiCM or equivalent
April – July 2021
• Pioneering – requires FiCM or equivalent
• Youth work
• Evangelism and Mission – requires FiCM or equivalent
To find out more and sign-up go to: https://exeter.anglican.org/ministry/lay-ministry/lay-learning/
Pray for Lebanon
Please find a link to a short film to aid people’s prayer for Lebanon at this time – thank you Rachel for the song.
We now have Facebook pages for three of our parishes. Please have a look at them and recommend to your contacts:
Update on Safeguarding Training during this time
Following consultation with the National Safeguarding Team (NST), we have been advised of the updated position on Safeguarding Training requirements in light of the current isolation and social distancing advice to tackle the Covid-19 virus. Read the guidance here.
The Beacon Parishes Safeguarding Policy can be found on the following link: Safeguarding Policy 2019
If you have a concern about the safety of someone or the actions of someone working with children or vulnerable adults, please speak to someone:
- The Beacon Mission Community Safeguarding Representative for each parish is:
- Ipplepen: Sheila Sheldon – 01803 814227
- Denbury: Tessa Amies – 01803 813993
- Broadhempston: Paul Russell – 01803 762928
- Woodland: Jane Usher – 01626 353454
- Our Local Advocate for Children and Adults who may be at risk is Ann Holroyd. Contact number 01803 411373
- The Diocesan Safeguarding Team’s contact details can be obtained on the following link – https://exeter.anglican.org/resources/safeguarding/safeguarding-team/
If you are a young person and you feel unhappy about something happening to you, you can call Childline on 0800 11 11